The Christoff Project

Traveling back in time, fighting dinosaurs and righting what once went wrong. Voted #1 by Fluffy Clouds!

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Top 25 Albums

Thursday, February 19, 2009


A friend of mine sent me a note on facebook listing the top 20 albums (the note is listed below).
"Think of 20 albums that had such a profound affect, on you, they changed your life or the way you looked at it. They sucked you in, took you over for days, weeks, months, even years. These are the albums that you can use to identify time, places, people, or emotions. These are the albums that no matter what they were thought of musically shaped your world".
I had to add 5 more because I felt there were some albums I just couldn't, in good conscious, leave off. These are the albums that first came to my mind and are in no specific order, that would be too difficult. This list represents albums that completely absorbed or inspired me for different reasons and at many different points in my life. Just the mention of these albums evokes some of my strongest, sweetest, or most bitter memories. My life has taken on a musical journey of different genres as I grow and mature. I believe everyone goes through this in one way or another. You could probably never imagine listening to some of the music you do now when you were younger. So this list is a small glimpse into the music that has helped to shape my world.


1) Radiohead “Ok Computer”
2) Remy Zero “Villa Elaine”
3) Damien Rice “O”
4) Semisonic “Feeling Starngely Fine”
5) Sublime “Sublime”
6) Jeff Buckley “Grace” and “Sketches For My Sweetheart The Drunk”
7) Lucky Town “Anyway I'm Fine”
8) Brian McKnight “I Remember You”
9) Switchfoot “Beautiful Letdown”
10) Counting Crows “August and Everything After”
11) Fisher “True North”
12) Stroke 9 “Nasty Little Thoughts”
13) Kenny Chesney “Everywhere We Go”
14) Matchbox 20 “Yourself or Someone Like You”
15) Travis “The Man Who”
16) Better Than Ezra “Deluxe”
17) The Tony Rich Project “Words”
18) Chalk Farm “Notwithstanding”
19) The Refreshments “Fizzy Fuzzy Big and Buzzy”
20) Surfacing - Sarah McLachlan
21) Poe “Hello”
22) Sneaker Pimps “Becoming X”
23) Dog's Eye View “Happy Nowhere”
24) Gin Blossoms “New Miserable Experience”
25) Mariah Carey “Mariah Carey”

Please feel free to compile your own list, it may show you a little something about yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment